Safeguard for Agricultural Varieties in Europe
SAVE e-News 04/2019
the topics of the current edition:
- Wool of rare sheep breeds: (no) waste product!
- GenRes Bridge
- No Green Business as usual
- Fruits make fun and friends
- SSZH and PSR Websites: stage to the rare breed and seed holders
- Dynaversity makes Diversity visible
- International Treaty on PGRFA
- Agrobiodiversity Integrating Knowledge for a Sustainable Future
- Rare traditional Varieties On-Farm
- New studies on the role of mobile pastoralism in conservation
- ERFP: Guidelines of Material Acquisition Agreement (MAA)- and Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)
- Sheep Hero
- Last but not least: Double yolk eggs: A sign of good luck
We wish you and your families a joyous and blessed Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
as usual, we are open for constructive criticism and stimulation from your side at any time.
Your SAVE Foundation Team
The SAVE website uses a self-signed certificate for encrypted data transfer. Therefore, the server name does not match the domain name. Many browsers complain the connection as nonsecure. Once you confirm the reliability of the SAVE website, the browser accepts the website.
Arca Deli® Awards 2019
On the occasion of the SAVE annual meeting 2019 the Arca-Deli-Awards were given. Exciting products from very different categories were presented to the jury:
- Workshop “Keeping poultry for beginners”.
This workshop is developed by the Domäne Dahlem in cooperation with the GEH not only to take place at the Domäne Dahlem. The tools are a Handout and an on-screen presentation and can be used also by other selected and qualified Arc Farms.
- Sausage "Sappalotti" made of Murnau Werdenfels Cattle, a rare dual purpose cattle breed from Upper Bavaria, the southernmost part of Germany.
- Shoes produced of leather of the rare Glan cattle of the Rhineland-Palatinate region of Germany.
The popular Arca Deli Awards will take place again in 2020. We are happy if we can present your product to the jury!
For any questions please contact: SAVE Project Office
SAVE Activity Report 2018/2019
The SAVE Activity Report of the period August 2018 - August 2019 is ready to be read.
Activites of the Network offce are described as well as the project activites of the Porject office like the project "Collection of wild fruits of Europe (Inforama Wild Fruit)", the activites to rescue the Balusha sheep in Kosovo as well as various networking activities and Pan-European actions.
We wish you a stimulating and entertaining read!
Suggestions and comments are welcomed by the SAVE project office.
The website uses a self-signed certificate for encrypted data transfer. Therefore, the server name does not match the domain name. Many browsers complain the connection as nonsecure. Once you confirm the reliability of the SAVE website, the browser accepts the website.