Safeguard for Agricultural Varieties in Europe
SAVE e-News 04/2019
the topics of the current edition:
- Wool of rare sheep breeds: (no) waste product!
- GenRes Bridge
- No Green Business as usual
- Fruits make fun and friends
- SSZH and PSR Websites: stage to the rare breed and seed holders
- Dynaversity makes Diversity visible
- International Treaty on PGRFA
- Agrobiodiversity Integrating Knowledge for a Sustainable Future
- Rare traditional Varieties On-Farm
- New studies on the role of mobile pastoralism in conservation
- ERFP: Guidelines of Material Acquisition Agreement (MAA)- and Material Transfer Agreement (MTA)
- Sheep Hero
- Last but not least: Double yolk eggs: A sign of good luck
We wish you and your families a joyous and blessed Christmas and a peaceful New Year.
as usual, we are open for constructive criticism and stimulation from your side at any time.
Your SAVE Foundation Team
The SAVE website uses a self-signed certificate for encrypted data transfer. Therefore, the server name does not match the domain name. Many browsers complain the connection as nonsecure. Once you confirm the reliability of the SAVE website, the browser accepts the website.
Arca Deli® Awards 2019
On the occasion of the SAVE annual meeting 2019 the Arca-Deli-Awards were given. Exciting products from very different categories were presented to the jury:
- Workshop “Keeping poultry for beginners”.
This workshop is developed by the Domäne Dahlem in cooperation with the GEH not only to take place at the Domäne Dahlem. The tools are a Handout and an on-screen presentation and can be used also by other selected and qualified Arc Farms.
- Sausage "Sappalotti" made of Murnau Werdenfels Cattle, a rare dual purpose cattle breed from Upper Bavaria, the southernmost part of Germany.
- Shoes produced of leather of the rare Glan cattle of the Rhineland-Palatinate region of Germany.
The popular Arca Deli Awards will take place again in 2020. We are happy if we can present your product to the jury!
For any questions please contact: SAVE Project Office
On February 4th - 6th the last annual meeting of IMAGE (Innovative Management of Animal Genetic Resources) and the final conference of the project took place. .
A policy brief on the outcomes of IMAGE show the broad range of work and respective results:
- Stakeholder involvement at all stages of the project
- New approaches to use genebank material for breeding
- Regulatory recommendations for reproductive biotechnologies for collections in national gene banks
- Genotyping and sequencing data
- Value of gene bank collections
- Web portal for genebank collections
- A multi-species SNP chip
- Publicly available software MoBPS for using gene bank material
Also onyoutube several descriptions, interviews and presentations are available.
During the Dialogue Fora run by SAVE especially the stakeholders outside the scientific actor asked for short information sheets about important but sometimes difficult questions about the topics ""Access and Benefit Sharing Rules" and "Sanitary Regulations" in context with the exchange of
gene bank material.
The website uses a self-signed certificate for encrypted data transfer. Therefore, the server name does not match the domain name. Many browsers complain the connection as nonsecure. Once you confirm the reliability of the SAVE website, the browser accepts the website.