Safeguard for Agricultural Varieties in Europe
SAVE Dagene Joint Conference on Plant and Animal Genetic Resources, 24-27 June 2018. Kozard, Hungary
SAVE Foundation and DAGENE have the pleasure to invite you to the SAVE-Dagene Meeting and Conference in Kozard, Hungary. Exciting presentations and discussions will take place in Kozard. Field trips will show the strong connection between Ecosystems and Argo-Biodiversity like a trip to the Vértesi Nature Park, where Pro Vertes another SAVE parnter will show thier efforts on Conservation of both nature and argobiodiversity. Download the information here:
The SAVE eNews Edition 1/2018 is online!
- The Saltasassi Sheep
- Biodiversity in Food
- An amazing discovery: Small Horses on Lesbos
- Conservation of Plum Varieties in Luxembourg
- SAVE Annual Meeting in Hungary 25-27 June 2018
- How to combat parasites in Goats
- Genome editing: Legal expert criticises opinion of Attorney General of the EuCJ
- Greening the CAP: not yet environmentally effective
- Genetic Analysis of Busha Cattle
- ERFP Working Group “In situ Conservation”
- Last but not Least: Bill Gates Is Working with Geneticists to create the “Perfect” Cow
International Heritage Breeds Week 2018
The International Heritage Breeds Week aims to raise global awareness about endangered heritage breeds of livestock and poultry. Many of our traditional livestock breeds have been replaced with more "improved" breeds in modern animal agriculture, at the expense of a massive loss in genetic diversity. Worldwide, about one domesticated livestock breed every month is lost to extinction.
Since 2016 The Livestock Conservancy partnered with a consortium of livestock conservation organizations from around the world to host International Heritage Breeds Week and Day. The fourth annual International Heritage Breeds Week will be held 20-26 May, 2018.
More information and download Material here.